Link to other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Monday, March 2, 2015

City Sketchbook

Hi, everyone.

I finished making a sketchbook last week, added a drawing this weekend, and sent it off to Ana in Barcelona today!


Laser-cut acrylic for the covers, with graphite rubbed into the etched drawing to make it more visible...


Concertina-style pages added to it...


A drawing of some London rooftops at night...


And tucked into its box, ready to mail. (I had this great plastic mailing box I received with some electrical components - so yes, I made the sketchbook to fit the box!)

Edited to add:

Looking at the other ECIS Sketchers blogs, I realize that others have done more to introduce the themes for their sketchbooks. 

My theme is etched into the cover of the book: "in unexpected spaces/the city is visible." I love cityscapes, and I love the unexpected perspective you get when you are stopping to sketch, or looking in a new direction in order to discover something different. 

The paper I used is pretty sturdy, and should stand up to anything anyone wants to put onto it, cut out of it, add to it, whatever! 

Can't wait to see other people's unexpected city spaces...

1 comment:

  1. Your book is wicked and your first entry is more than charming in it's simplicity and straight forward colour choice.

    ReplyDelete