Link to other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Monday, March 9, 2015

Spaces

Hey everyone, I've finally gotten my life together and have found a few moments to post my sketchbook. Heading on a WWW trip for the first week of the month didn't really help my timeliness, but hopefully now I can keep on track. Everyone's sketchbooks look lovely so far!

For my sketchbook, I wanted to explore the idea of space. Spaces around us, spaces away from us, even the space our planet Earth exists in! Any kind of space. I have found that no matter where I've lived, whether a big home in Canada, tiny apartment in Japan, or way-too-large condo in Dubai, I've struggled with space. Finding enough space for all my junk, or having too much space to fill with furniture.

For my sketchbook, I used a cardboard front and back cover and a ready made spine. The paper also came ready made with holes in it - all these pieces are from book making kits I bought my students. I painted the front and back cover with black paint and had some fun with acrylic crackle paste on top, and painting it in with a light water colour wash. I didn't seal the crackle paste - I thought it would be cool to see how it holds up through travel, and what kind of condition it would be in upon it's return!

I just made a little apocalyptic sketch for the first entry, showing a fan of art toasting to the end, in an open space made from the bombardment of a building.

Have fun playing with space!




No comments:

Post a Comment