Link to other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Treasure book

Hi all!
For my book, I was inspired by finding those little things we have around our house which we rediscover and become little treasures through the memories attached to them.

Tapa cloth from a trip to Tonga stored in the cupboard for years, pages out of gallery exhibition leaflets, birthday notes all came together to make a little Treasure book. These artifacts remind me of the value of friendship, where others invest into me and I into them. Memories of being awestruck by seeing Matisse's cutouts for the first time, and how that inspired my own art making, and the journeys I have taken with friends to see places.

I also made the actual book out of a couple of pocket books, as I was also thinking of how we store these little treasures away, laden with meaning and memories, and sometimes we only remember their value when we pull them out or stumble across them again. Sorry I don't have more photos, I was rushing to get it off to the post office. :-)

Really excited to see how each of our books grow and develop!

Jo





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful book, Jo! And I'm sure that the photos capture only as much as half of this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, I think the idea of having small pockets to keep these little artefacts is great. It reminds me of the journals my students make to use for their Week Without Walls trips - full of ticket stubs and receipts and all kinds of treasures.

    ReplyDelete